Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday August 10th Woodland Christian High in Breslau to Redeemer College in Ancaster 44 miles

Yesterday I tried to call my granddaughter Katie in California to wish her a happy 19th birthday. She is a beautiful young lady who is full of life, has lots of fun and loves the Lord.  Happy Birthday Katie.
Yesterday I also saw Ken and Pam VanderZwaag who both worked at Woodland Christian High where my kids Jonathan, Scott, and Sarah attended and graduated from.  Ken coached all the kids either basketball or soccer and was a great role model to them.  He has been fighting pancreatic cancer and is walking miracle at this time. Blessings to Pam and Ken as that celebrate each day they have together.
I also visited my old home in Kitchener where our family lived for almost 25 years and the new owners invited me to take a look at what they had done.  It was really neat to hear how much they loved the house and treasured its character. They had made a large master bedroom in the attic put air conditioning in for the 3rd and 2nd floor and put in central vac. They enhanced the character of the home and everything was done with great care and quality to preserve the integrity of the home. It is nice to see when people value something and care for it in a loving and respective way.  Also visited with a several neighbors and shared my story of Sea to Sea. 
This morning I got up at 6 AM and made a good cup of coffee and had eggs and toast for breakfast which we have seldom had on the tour so far. 
Jan and I decided to start riding at 730 since is was a shorter ride today only 44 miles. It was a cool sunny morning- great biking weather 60 degrees. Debated whether to wear our jackets but just stuck with arm warmers. 
Glorious ride.  We were treated to Timbits , fruit, cheese and cookies at Maranatha Christian Reformed church in Cambridge.  I was also greeted by Jeannette Bos who had a welcome sign for me.  Thanks Jeannette.  I saw several riders from 2005 and 2008 rides and it was neat to connect with them. Some are no longer riding, but hope to get back it if they can find someone to ride with. It is hard riding by one self and having a riding partner sure makes it more enjoyable and motivating.  I think of all the people I know who have lost their riding partners and pray they be encouraged not to give up on staying fit and getting out to enjoy God's creation and beauty on a bike.
In Cambridge we did see a water fountain with a neat looking church in the background.  The city of Cambridge has many beautiful buildings made of limestone.  Majestic and architectural interesting buildings, a unique city. 

 
Tonight cyclist can stay in the dorms at Redeemer which is a real treat and very comfortable.  Thank you Redeemer for your hospitality. I will be staying with George and Marg Elgersma tonight in a very comfortable bed. Going to a surprise party for a neighbor with them later.  Good to reconnect with dear friends and family along the way. Also getting my laundry done.  Good to have everything clean again for the week ahead. 
Tomorrow will be going to church with George and Marg then heading back to Redeemer for the Celebration service at 3PM.  If you are in the area would love to connect and see lots of people there. 

1 comment:

Suzanne Guest said...

I loved this post, Claire, as I live in Kitchener. I'm glad you got to go down "memory lane" here and had such a great experience. I'm only sorry that I didn't get to meet you when I dropped in at Woodland Christian to deliver a treat and meet those early bird cyclists who had already arrived. Praying for you all the way.
P.S. It's a small world. If it's the same George and Marg, he was my husband's boss for many years.